<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, July 04, 2003

Thoughts on Cindy's tetrads:

I love your reworking of the icon with the words crossing the "borders". I think the McLuhans would love it too.

Academic: cool anti-tetrad for writing--writing is so pervasive, writing is so us, that weblogging can only enhance writing, can only become one more kind of writing, and doing that writing will not reverse into anything else, obsolesce anything else. This anti-tetrad is another way to think of the tetrads spiraling. This anti-tetrad could be juxtaposed with my straight tetrad: I think weblogging is enhancing, reversing, obsolescing, retrieving, but for you, it is just still writing.

Reading seems less of an anti-tetrad, but you simply can't use anyone else's terminology, can you? You won't just play along and identify what has been reversed or obsolesced, you have have to be so demanding " If only something could be obsolesced." I really like all of your quadrants, but "retrieval" floored me--I think you nailed that one!


Comments: Post a Comment
(0) comments

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?