<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, June 24, 2003

I'm being a slacker at work. It amazes me how different tasks on a computer lead to different levels of ambition for me. If I was blogging or reading blogs or just basicially searching online right now.. I would and could do it ALL DARN day. But this editing and formatting b.s. .. ah! ew! My brain is frying more from this than my occasional beers at the Turf. I am serious. I really do need a job blogging.

Personality. Yea. Kevin, I need to work that into my thesis. I also need to brainstorm- brain fart- on what I might just write about. Lucky for me, I actually want to dive into it this summer. Get a headstart.

I think your ideas on how we each are affected by writing online are pretty close to truth. I am an exhibitionist on my personal blog. Sometimes it's hard to not be on my class blogs or my teaching one. When my students "discover" my personal one, I do feel a little ashamed of some of the stuff on there. But, hey, I am human first before teacher. I told myself I would be "raw" on my blog. Let it all out. My students that read it now say that it really reads how I sound or talk in class.. they can hear me. That's gotta be a good thing.

I was told once by a good friend (ok, ex on the "good" now) that I write very "sophomoric" for all the education I have had. I took that as an insult (and a punch to my ego), but now I am thinking.. hey, it's my inner child coming out. A big hug blogging OUTERING. :-) What's neat for me is that on the second day of class this fall I am going to have the students fill out various types of personality tests. I think it will be interesting to have them connect that to their dislike/like of blogging later in the semester.


Has Kevin been on here lately?? :-)

Comments: Post a Comment
(0) comments

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?