<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, November 20, 2002

Went over a week on my class blog for the first time--although I keep picking up signs that people actually have read and used it. Tighter integration with the course website seems like a high priority--I think the blog could be wrapped into website more effectively. Do I really want to spend the time on it...?

Last few classes have been fine. I thought today would tank, but I asked them to list some ways in which they are different from parents due to influence of info technologies. They shared many ideas. Also interesting comments about online communities and f2f communities.

Definitely plowing through this unit--I feel sorry for them. Essay 2 done: mainly Cs and Bs, which I consider fine. Writing a good academic essay is a really tough thing for first-year students to do. Interestingly, many take a very conservative stand--"new literacy" is all hype, and we need to stay focused on "reading and writing." Even though they seem to dislike both activities ; )




Comments: Post a Comment
(0) comments

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?