<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, November 03, 2002

This last week.. we met Tuesday in the computer lab to do mid-presentations... I think I talked about those below. Then Wed thru this coming Tues I am conducting writing conferences. So many of them want to know EXACTLY what to do.. I am NOT the one writing the paper guys! Goodness. Anyhow, those are going well. Redid my syllabus tonight a little bit since I will be canceling class Dec. 5 due to the conference I am going to in Canada. Yea- Cindy, I am presenting my weblogging paper from Kevin's class as well as talking briefly on our class. It's a grad. student conference so hopefully less stuffy (no offense profs).. :-) .. For Paper #3, I created my own example of what I am looking for... they need to answer "Who Am I?" with some other minor sub-questions too dealing with technology/college/them in the information age, etc..

Kevin, I too feel like wrapping up before Thanksgiving.. but tonight I found lots of other interesting things (mainly on the archives of Wired Magazine) that I want them to read as well as Gergen. Oh, I found his website.. is the 'article' the one titled something like 'self in the information age'? I think I found it. Looks like a tough one for them to chew on.

That's all from my homefront.. next week: Tuesday- Talk about Paper #3, show examples, create rubric, and maybe bring in a reading from Wired. Also, show them the changes in syllabus. Thursday- More information on this unit with readings and brainstorming for Paper #3. Plus, Paper #2 is due Friday.

Comments: Post a Comment
(0) comments

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?