<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, November 14, 2002

My momentum has been up and down with the teaching blog. I haven't used my web site's one for a long time due to having to dial in from home (having to wait until late at night to do so, etc)... and I go back and forth from the class blog to my xanga one repeating myself. Next spring- just a class blog I think. For fall, same thing with a list of the personal ones down the side.

My personal blog as been getting smacked in the head. NOT because I don't want to write, but because, again, dialing into campus sucks AND our old house has bad phone wires (dad will tackle soon) SO when I do dial in, sometimes, the phone connection goes dead altogether. I have been, however, writing in a document that I have titled "iBlog" :-) on my VW desktop almost every night. I usually place most of it (cut and paste) into my blog when I DO get on the internet. Access access access...

My kids.. students.. did their presentations today, final ones. My 8am class is much more ambitious than my 9:30ers. Must be the vibe. I have lost about 5 in each class due to something or another. About two just haven't come at all the whole semester so... I have that effect on some people I guess. Tuesday: Computer lab to look at more hypertext (I'll show 'em your collaborative project from awhile ago Kevin since that's what I want to do) that I find and they find, sign up for conferences... Thursday: Peer Review (although I still haven't mastered getting them to DO THIS properly.. tried worksheets and points given.. ugh).. then Thurs- Tues: conferences. Paper #3s will be due b4 break on Wed.

P.S. I TOO was extremely impressed with their projects. Only a few went wimpy on me and didn't really do what they planned on doing. Lots have said: "I am glad I got to do this." since many did research on their majors. I plan on listing the ones that did web sites on our 110 group blog soon.

Comments: Post a Comment
(0) comments

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?