<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, October 15, 2002

yeesh, I'm loosing ground to the blog. My own went neglected 5 days, this one about the same, I'm guessing.

Group presentations on Friday--good students did a good job, less good students did less good job. Making the later into the former is the golden chalice of teaching (does that make sense--my eyes are bleary).

Today was stay at home and write a zero draft day. Got a little over half in. sigh.

I am pretty convinced that many of my students are thinking pretty long and hard about learning and literacy. In other words, I am happy with the course conent in general, just not specific readings I have assigned, and specific tasks that I have not been able to get the students to follow through on. Many in the zero drafts acknowledge that what they are doing here is way different from high school-- I guess that is a start to something. Nothing against high school--U should be different, though.

Wed. we look at the stretch assignment in detail. I do think many are excited about this component.

Comments: Post a Comment
(0) comments

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?