<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, October 24, 2002

Yea, I am frustrated. Now, mainly because of a crappy crappy crappy ref'd football game last night. Oh well.
So, I'll be in the IACC 150c with my students on Tuesday... doing mid-presentations and then probably a revision exercise that I learned through an essay we read for Emily's presentation (grammar) in Comp/Rhet. I don't think they are revising... SO I need to show them the value of doing so and THEN force them to see that it will help them. Ok.. force is a strong word, but I have to open them to the possiblities. Plus, I am remembering that I didn't go over thesis statements mainly because THEY SHOULD KNOW ALL THAT BY NOW, and I covered FOCUSING.. focus focus focus. *calms down* Anyhoo, many are doing well on their projects.. I am really impressed with Tom and Chad's (might have to recruit Tom for my bisonBlog ideas)..
As far as the spread of grades.. I had 6 As and 6 Fs.. many Ds.. and then around 8 in the C and B ranges each. Length and lateness were big problems, but I stuck to my rules... was fairly lenient after penalizing for that (with the people that DIDN'T have those problems, that is).

For my 120 class, I am going to stay web-based and use Good Reasons... well, some of Good Reasons. Any ideas on how to break up the semester.. I like the idea of units like we did? I have a few books I am going to look at as I continue on this semester's journey..

Comments: Post a Comment
(0) comments

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?