<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, October 03, 2002

Kevin Kevin Kevin... we did go KIND of ZOOM with the blogging.. but some still don't understand my enthusiasm.. my joy.. so I am in agony. Why can't everyone think the stuff I am into is COOL? Must be a lot like my obsessions with Macs and VWs. I will just have to deal. What I have learned from ours: Next semester I am definitely going to do a group blog.. and let them do personal ones ONLY if they want to. I MAY try to set aside time to set up a group one now.. but TIME is a bugger.. a blogging bugger!! hee hee.

My students were in 150c this morning.. the server went down and I freaked, but all turned out ok. Many got project ideas.. I have a few collaborating and some doing webpages to understand them. One is an assistant for the Boys BBall Team and is going to put one together for that. Very cool. Tom, the popular blogger, is teaching is partner how to put together webpages and then their paper will be about how Tom let go of doing everything (since he likes to do that- sounds like me) and how Chad learned from him.. I thought that was a great idea.

For my Unit Two- I am really going to let them FLY and find something that is passionate for them.. research based, personal, etc.. many are liking that idea and I am going to continue with readings here and there as well as blogging.

With Unit Three.. I want to do a huge collaboration project with them. Mainly so it can count for me in Betsy's class, but basically I have always wanted to put together a huge hypertext of multiple voices. Our topic would be Self in the Technology Age or something close to that... students in academics, etc. Not sure on details yet, but feedback would be great. Essentially, they would put a hypertext of their own up on the web and I would link between them.. and they could too.

How about next Wednesday around 1pm.. or should we all do lunch that day before Kevin has class??

Comments: Post a Comment
(0) comments

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?