<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, October 21, 2002

I hate grading.. assessing.. papers. Most disliked, easily procrastinated, 'job' connected to being an English instructor. Some students didn't even focus on the focus that was asked for in the assignment.. they just went off into tangents about what weblogs were and only their personal experience with them (no backup quotes or future possiblities or ORGANIZATION). Ugh. If ANY of them complain, I'll read the assignment, straight from my syllabus, AGAIN. Once again, Ugh. But, honestly, I am starting to let all those things filter out of me. I don't/can't care anymore if some don't GET it. I just can't. I highly doubt some of them will take my comments and use them in their revisions. And, I guess, I just have to be okay with that. Meanwhile, many of them seem to be enjoying doing their "stretch projects". ... Do you two MAYBE want to come in and see what they are doing (we have mid-presentation day on Oct. 29- next Tuesday) next Tuesday? I may be shooting myself in the head by having you both come in, but they may think it's neat that other teachers are interesting in what they have been up too. Then again, I have the early early early classes... 8 and 9:30 that day.. Well, we can blog about it. I still need Eunice to come in (and you two definitely anyway sometime) and then write me up a "Sybil is a good teacher because..." paper thingie.. or whatever I would need for doctorate school. Wait, do I WANT to do the PhD thing anymore? I question that on an hourly basis. Ok. 'Nuff from me.

Comments: Post a Comment
(0) comments

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?