<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, October 19, 2002

Friday's class was a work day in 150c. Some came with proposals done and did some research on stretch, others worked on proposals. All seems to be going smoothly enough. One student just doesn't do Fridays--nothing personal, I'm sure.

Using text: motivation and necessity are key. Text is really efficient, but if ain't delivering what you are interested in, it is really boring. I've noticed that students seem to know lots of stuff, but seem to not want to share any of their information/knowledge. For example, on paper #1, many of them knew lots of things, had lots of experiences with blogging, but typically chose not to write about it. When students write cover letters, they don't want to say anything about themselves. I think that some of the psychological approaches to understanding writing would probably help explain some of this reticence: anxieties about writing stupid things, anxities about insulting the reader with too much information, and just really phenomenal anxieties / dislikes associated with writing. I guess I have a really hard time putting myself in those shoes. If it weren't for writing, I might not say anything at all.

Comments: Post a Comment
(0) comments

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?