<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, October 21, 2002

Finally hauled out a "one pager" today. Actually, I used a two-pager. Wait, two one-pagers. A handout taking excerpts from Harvey Graff's book (1987) on the history of literacy (he talks about new literacy building on the old literacy), and a handout from Seymour Papert's testimony to the House of Represtatives (1995) on the need for radical educational reform. I asked the students to read these handouts and "position" themselves in relation to these two different views.

Everything went smoothly enough--I'll let you know how the in-class writing looks later.

Sybil, it looks like Rheingold's essay (chapter?) was a pretty big hit for you. What's the URL?--I need a reading about "online communities" for Unit 3.

If you two haven't check my weblog lately, I posted a couple of entries about these really great "Web Tool Newsletters" I found (courtesy of Kairosnews.org).

Comments: Post a Comment
(0) comments

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?