<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, September 15, 2002

KEVIN- keep your spirits up. TRUST ME you are teaching them SOMETHING. I am almost glad I got fired.. ok, let go, from high school teaching BECAUSE the students, within the last months, told me things I definitely needed to hear. AND since I felt like I had failed, they were even more inclined to tell me the good they had learned.

It is my (maybe silly) belief that by teaching them writing, we teach them more about themselves. This seems much more valuable to me. Sure, awesome sentence structure makes me giddy, but if they can look internally and connect that to what they are writing, blogging... that RULES.

And (or But) to be honest, I don't remember my freshman year. Yea. The party scene is overwhelming. Still can't believe I had a B- average after that year. HOWEVER, they are learning a lot about themselves.. writing helps. Dwell, maybe, more on the community that it creates. Students are using technology and their communication via the internet to meet others. Rant and rave about their chaotic lives. SOME of mine have mentioned keeping the blog through college. That makes my day, of course.

Cindy, you rule. Yea, with teaching, like life, shit happens. Thanks for cheering me up.

And I am jealous that you two got an e-mail from a fellow blogger... *glares* ;-)

Comments: Post a Comment
(0) comments

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?