<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, September 04, 2002

I am still alive. Hey, I found that publication thing with Mortenson and the other girl a while back. They did do a lot of research. I don't think we ever did put together a BIGHUGE list.. was that my job? Probably.

Today, I am overwhelmed. Like the student I had yesterday that looked like she'd had enough of this blogging stuff. Oh well, it's not for everyone. Not every new cool tool is. I am overwhelmed because Dr. Slator wants me to keep putting in 10 hours a week on the Fort Berthold Moo.. normally, that would be okay. I think I can do it.. I am just being selfish in wanting to spend my time blogging... it's a disease.

Kevin and I were thrown the idea, by Amy, to get T-SHIRTS: blogging is life. iblog. teamblog. something like that. I would SO wear one. Yes, I am definitely a geek. The readings, I noticed last night, that I am taking in for Betsy's Comp&Rhet class REALLY connect to this alternative learning we are doing. Yippee. I love connections. Plus, like you mentioned Kevin, Don is going to let me research blogging insofaras the difference between the writing of people in different dialect locations.. do they write like they talk? Is there a 'cyperspeak' like you brought up? So, basically, blogging has taken over my life. Happily. Gee, I wonder if I'll end up doing my freaking thesis on blogging.. hmm... *scratches melon* ...

Oh, Class on Tuesday- I send you an e-mail (along with my students- double checking the addresses they gave me) which kind of gives insight to why I blog (for their info.).. I wrote it in class while they were punching away/reading/learning... I was so jealous. No big problems.. I like the idea of having them read a lot before we really start to discuss in the classroom or write a paper. I think I will also bring up the question we talked of in workshop= what IS good writing? That way they look at their writing not as something they will never have to go back to again, but a process.. a neverending one, at that... and if they have to tackle what it IS first, maybe they will write that way. Hm, it JUST might work. key word= might.

Cindy, I love our new name. fin.

Comments: Post a Comment
(0) comments

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?