<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, September 04, 2002

Hi gals! (or do you prefer "guys"?)

My class was pretty chaotic, but I think it worked. There is just so much to cover--not my usual 110 problem. Some people smiled at some of my jokes!!!! But the nuts and bolts are:

1) they seem to have read the essay ("Needed: A New Literacy") and understood the main points.
2) they had good strategies for reading around the stuff they didn't understand.
3) they could see relevance in his ideas (from 1994) for weblogging. One student expressed a view like yours, Sybil: he pays more attention to the world and his life because he blogs (he might have stolen the idea from you, via his friend in your class ; )

I did n't have time to discuss PC-Rats: my whole brilliant heuristic is falling by the wayside :(

On to Blood on Friday. Do you think "Blood" is her family name, or a pen-name?

Sybil, I have an idea for your work in Betsy's class. There is not "theory" of weblogging yet, but Linda Flower has a famous essay about "theory-building." You might want to find it, read it, read all the practical guides to weblogging, and then build a theory of weblogging (as if it really needs one).

okay, later. [I notice that I want to write these entries as I would write email: signon, signoff.]

Comments: Post a Comment
(0) comments

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?