<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, September 27, 2002

Did a peer review sessions today, after a "stay home and write" day on Wednesday. About 3/4 had drafts, with the other 1/4 ranging from nothing to outlines to two pages.

FAQs: Can I include my opinion in this paper?--I guess I must have been stressing "arguments" too much, research too much.

MLA stuff: who drills this concern into students?

All the sources say the same thing--what do I do? I suggested that was a good thing, and that they could lists the sources who say the same thing.

Also introduced "sideshadowing." One student said "this is a really good brainstorming strategy" or something like that. Most seemed to do it pretty diligently and effectively--I will follow up on this Monday and Tuesday. I decided that I had better conference with students and just get a little more face time, a little more 1:1 contact.

I'm also working on revising the Unit 2 schedule--trying to build in more structure, more assigned readings, etc. I should look at your schedules, shouldn't I.


Comments: Post a Comment
(0) comments

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?