<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, September 06, 2002

Decided to de-stress last night at Chub's. Not one of my better ideas. ANYHOO- what I did on Thursday was let me students a day "off" sort of.. So many of them were looking at me with sneers because of all the writings they've read in the last three class days. So, to save myself their attitude problems later AND to give me more time to MY schoolwork, I handed back WA#1, had them blog about the articles read for that day, and try to find a blogger THEY like and WILL read for Tuesday (can be a student or someone like Rebecca..).. on Tuesday, we'll be back in the classrooms and I'll bring in a whole bucket load of questions for them. Many of them, when we did read Levinson last week (also- Kevin informed me I may be ahead of you too a little - another reason to take a day off), didn't quite understand him, BUT many put quotes of his in their blogs.. things they DID understand. The next writing assignment asks them to think of their summarization/reading/writing skills so then I think I'll get a good idea of what they are having problems with.. maybe they will realize them on their own too!

+I don't know what a blogroll is... is it like a donut? :-)
+Cindy, go right ahead and use my e-mail. I think many of my students thought: "Ok, I see why she likes 'em" after they read it.
+I will look into the T-shirt idea.
+Kevin, I don't care if you call me "guys" or "gals".. just don't call me Mrs. Priebe. Freaks me out.
+Linda Flower-theory building-ok. I'll look into that.
+Blood= I bet it is a family name.

My teaching ideas for 120 next spring are going to need a face-lift!! Especially after having fun with this semester.

Comments: Post a Comment
(0) comments

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?