<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, August 29, 2002

My class was okay--maybe 6 or so said they knew what they were getting into; a few expressed concerns about being in over their heads. One of the interesting issues in my course will be the classroom space--we are stuck in a hole behind the gym in Benson Bunker FH. I can't wait to get the computer classroom on Friday. Just wish I had scheduled more classes their. Seems to me that at overcrowded U's like ours, we would probably do well to move more courses online. This classroom is tiny, tiny, tiny and the air conditioner (thank goodness their is one!) provides a breeze, not exactly a cooling effect.

I'm happy to be the hunter, and scholar, and maybe even a PC-Rat who goes out and brings back goodies to the nest. It's true--I really dig that role, the scurrying, the scrounging. In other contexts, I have often referred to myself as a mouse with a plan. Just dig the rodent subjecivity, I guess.

"Rats" are also people who tell-all, rat-out others, so maybe blogging will bring out that rat in me. I am pretty aware of audience and possible effects: might be the tenure-track effect, or just a personality trait--hyperaware of who is in the room, what his/her power relation is to me, how my language might be perceived, etc. Starting to lose some of that hyperawareness, I think.

Comments: Post a Comment
(0) comments

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?