<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, August 27, 2002

Hey, I am still here Kevin. YOU were the one, as well as Cindy, that left me alone on this thing awhile back. So there!

Well, I had my first day of classes. All went well. Turns out students would rather write down that YES they took the class because it was technology-based on my little informational cards RATHER than raise their hands in class. Hmph. Plus, one e-mailed me already telling me he was into DHTML and knew how to CODE and stuff. Holy cow. So, perhaps HE can teach the class when we get to putting stuff on the web. Maybe. :-) Other than the fact that it was a warm day to be trucking all over campus, the day went well. Really well. Especially for having purple hair. I am such a spaz that I am sure the students have *great* opinions of me. Oh well.. it's not like that is my first priority when teaching. Gotta make them THINK, LEARN, READ, WRITE. And Kevin, I don't think a piercing will help, but it's worth the facial shocks you see...

I didn't really go into WHAT a weblog is.. figured that it would be simpler for them to discover on their own. [will talk more about it Thursday] It's hard to describe them anyhow. So, they were assigned to go to mine (my teaching one that is).. put the word "blog" in a search engine.. read Blood's article AND go to the EbscoHost and find the "Needed: A New Literacy" article. Those two items should give them perspective on blogging AND the questions we will be asking in this class. Education and Technology. Smack 'em together and what do you get?

I may have to use My Story on Thursday as to WHY I got into blogging. To tell my story. To express my unique, exhibitionistic self. To simply write MORE.

So that is me for the first day. I was excited and not nervous... which was the way to go. Good luck to you two!!

Comments: Post a Comment
(0) comments

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?