<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, May 29, 2002

Cindy,

I bet your instincts on Unit 1 are right--blog first, reflect later. I won't tweak the proposal before I submit it, but we can plan on making some changes.

Re: Microserfs. I agree that that novel (and many others) has lots and lots to say about the issues we are trying to get students to think about. Maybe we should, very early in the semester (2nd day?) hand out a big list of books and movies that are related to our course, and encourage students to start blogging about some of the books and movies if they have seen them or read them. Or about music that may or may not be related to the issue. Sirc's pedagogy works because he lets students explore their interests. This is a concept that I want to keep reminding myself to do. I can't believe how hard it is for me to just let students have fun and explore. Makes me feel like I am not doing my job.

Comments: Post a Comment
(0) comments

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?