<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, May 31, 2002

Blogs rule. Why, you ask? Because I haven't been able to get onto the internet in awhile due to not having a flipping phone line, but now I have come to our blog and BAM, read everything and feel caught up. Cool beans. YES, Cindy: about adding in discussions or connections to movies, tv shows, readings, novels, etc... that is a great idea. This way, too, the course can evolve on it's own as other media comes about. Say next year we have a new batch of readings and movies to add to the list. It can stay a current issue class thingie of sorts... yea.. did that make sense?

The blurb for the proposal is good and all.. but... (there's always a but) for some reason I want it to sound 'flashy-er'... but maybe if we keep it to the point, we won't have kids in the classes not knowing what to expect. I hope we don't end up with freshmen taking it because it was the only class open, etc... yuck. I disagree with myself already- keep it to the point and not flashy. WE will make it cool. :) Yup.

I like all of our ideas. I like not using a specific book... it will make us be able to be flexible every time we teach. Don't tell anyone, but after my discussion in class today with my students in DL, I am regretting (a little) having them buy Our Lives, Our Worlds because I have so many other things to bring in and some of the students are caught on the language used by some of those writers.. they want writings more to the point. Oh well.

Are we all going to meet and talk more about our classes and ideas? I have to revamp your syllabus, Kevin, for the T/R schedule, and I would like to get feedback on it.

Where do you want to put the web site at? NDSU? I would LOVE to put it together. You know me. technogeek.

Cindy, I vote for the blog to be called "The Comp Blog".... maybe it's visually pleasing to me, and it has a neat sound to it. Kevin, I have heard of and read stuff on Megafilter- cool site. Name a blog I haven't read! :-) Actually, there probably are some. I have yet to read the anti-tech piece, but plan to get more academic stuff done this weekend now that the house is unpacked, etc.

:-D

Comments: Post a Comment
(0) comments

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?