<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, May 21, 2002

After talking to you yesterday Sybil, I began trying to "scale back" a bit. Here is what I imagine for a course outline:

Unit 1:
Weblogs: what's the use?
Pose this question as a legitimate, open question--teachers aren't sure what to make of web logs, we need student feedback.
Answer this question by reading journalism about web logs, trying weblogging (journal and filter), reading other web logs, reading the one academic article on web logs that I have found (search Infotracs if you didn't get that article as an email message), and talking with each other about the uses and misuses of web logs.

Unit 2:
Assembling a 21st century literacy toolkit.
I would like to use Unit 1 as a "model" for more independent research in this unit. Blogs are one possible tool; in this unit I would like students to design their own "toolkit." I think we could suggest categories (hardware--palmpilots, laptops, cell phones, etc.; software--Word, Dreamweaver, iMovie, Flash, more profession/discipline specific tools (e.g. CAD) search engine(s).

I would suggest assembling the toolkit on the blog or on a web site, and then writing a short paper that explains why these tools will be important.

I'm going to post before I lose this.


Comments: Post a Comment
(0) comments

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?